Welcome to the
17th March 2020
Dear Parents and Families,
As I am sure you are aware, late yesterday afternoon the Government announced changes to their advice regarding children who need to be staying away from school. We ask that, in-line with yesterday’s update, you support us by following this advice that anyone living with a temperature above 37.8 degrees and / or a persistent cough self-isolate your family for 14 days. If children present these symptoms in school, we will contact you to collect them.
As you will be aware, the government are not testing every case and so it is impossible to say whether those showing some symptoms are confirmed cases, or not.
As a school, we are doing everything we can to maintain hygiene standards and to keep our children and staff safe in school. We continue to take advice and follow infection prevention strategies as set out by Public Health England.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and understanding during this challenging time.
Principal of The Wilmslow Academy.
HOME LEARNING PLATFORM
HOME LEARNING: we have now added links on to the class pages of rolling programmes of home learning, should you wish to access them. These will be updated every few days by our senior leadership team and class teachers, for the foreseeable future.
It would be really helpful if you can support and encourage your children to complete the work, if they are not in school at the moment, as these cover areas currently being taught in class. It is important to note that this is not compulsory and so there is no expectation for work to be returned, or for it to be marked by staff. One of the most beneficial things the children can do, in terms of supporting academic progress and well-being, would be to read for pleasure. Staff regularly update Twitter @TheWilmAcad with ideas for learning and recommendations for reading for pleasure so it would be great to get some interaction on here with what the children are up to, too. https://www.thewilmslowacademy.co.uk/class-pages
- READ MORE
- VIEW NEWSLETTERS
Latest School Calendar Events
- School closes at 1.15pm02Apr2020
- INSET Day for Staff03Apr2020
- Class 2 Assembly24Apr2020
- "Since Alfie started at The Wilmslow Academy he's gone from strength to strength learning, developing, socialising to enable him to be happy and learn." Ms Beech
- "The staff are both caring and welcoming and my child is always happy to go, what more could we ask for?" Parent Survey
- "I have made amazing friends and had opportunities like going to Paris. I have enjoyed each year as much as everyone." Matthew
- What are the top reasons why someone should choose our school? "Because you do fun activities...you help us a lot." Nhuea
- "IPEELL is such a game changer - it gives the children such confidence to write incredible work." Miss Swann
- Children, what do you like most about our school? "The variety of clubs after school" Laura
- What are the top reasons why someone should choose our school? "Great support for children whose native language is not English" Mrs Goto
- "Great staff - everyone involved from teachers to maintenance. Great building - lots of room and amazing playground space. Happy children." Mrs Turnbull
- Children, what do you like most about our school? "The teachers/staff and the opportunities." Alfie
- Children, what do you like most about our school? "Teachers: they taught us a lot of things and were kind as well." Kaede