Top Tips for Parents and Carers
These are tried and tested tips to ensure good school attendance for your child.
- Talk to your child about how important it is to attend school every day.
- Show an interest in what your child has done at school each day.
- If you think your child is trying to avoid school, can you find out why? Ask them, ask their friends, ask their teachers.
Help your child to keep to routines, going to bed and getting up at set times, completing homework on the night it is set etc.
Unless avoidable, please do not arrange medical or dental appointments during school hours.
- Encourage after school and extra curricular activities.
- Talk to your child's teachers if you notice sudden changes in behaviour.
- Remember that habits are formed early. It is much more difficult to get your child to school regularly if you have let them stay at home "Just this once". It is better to say " No, school is important" in the first place.
Tips provided by Cheshire East Education Welfare Service. 01270 375277